It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
Engineering and science education in the 21st century require computational thinking and application of theoretical concepts. Our mission therefore is to foster students’ literacy in algorithm thinking based on use of MATLAB & Simulink.
- Engage with faculty at strategic universities, traveling to visit customers and have direct conversations as well as pursuing speaking opportunities.
- Advocate for teaching using MathWorks tools.
- Provide curriculum development support after identifying suitable projects and faculty members. Manage relationship and progress and raise awareness on the projects.
- Create content for use by sales and marketing, leveraging faculty engagement to create relevant white papers, examples and presentation materials.
- A bachelor’s degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master’s degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- 5+ years of experience with MathWorks Tools.
- Experience as a professor, lecturer or instructor.
- Experience developing (laboratory) course material.
- Exposure to the field of controls systems.
- French and/or Dutch language skills.
The role of Education Technical Specialist will require you to travel within Benelux and occasionally internationally, including to MathWorks headquarters in the US.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 3000 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.